Much of the work we do at Joanne’s Print Shop helps our customers to make outstanding first impressions on customers and clients of their own. For example, we assist customers in creating stationery specific to their brand.
Business stationery is used in official communication between a brand and its customers. When customers receive a letter on custom stationery, it helps them to form a first impression of the company. Therefore, you need to make sure the way you have designed your letterhead is consistent with your overall branding strategy and image. The type of design you use should be instantly recognizable.
Here are a few tips from our print shop in Sausalito for creating letterhead for your company:
- Choose the right colors: Black and white may be cost effective, but it’s also boring. Your stationery should include at least some color to help it stand out and display its importance. Any colors you use should be used in other marketing endeavors for your company. The best idea is to match your stationery color scheme to that used in your logo, just for the sake of consistency.
- Use high-quality paper: Again, while you can certainly buy reams of low-quality paper for low prices, do you really want your business to come off as being cheap? A high-quality paper enhances the professionalism of your stationery. There’s a big difference between low-grade paper meant for photocopiers and thicker, glossier paper. Even this small amount of detail can make a big difference in terms of how potential customers perceive your business.
- Use blank space: Don’t cram up your entire paper with design and words. There should be a reasonable amount of clean, white space for aesthetic purposes. The presence of blank space helps your message and design to stand out even more. Designs that are too busy ultimately only serve to distract readers from your actual message.
- Carefully select images: You can use images in your stationery, such as logos, professional headshots, professional photos of your building, etc. However, you should never use poor-quality photos, photos of you in personal or unprofessional settings, clip art or anything else that could come off as tacky.
- Use clean fonts: All fonts should be crisp and easy to read. The page itself should also be formatted in a visually appealing manner. Try to stick to one or two fonts on the whole page—the more you use, the busier and more hectic the design becomes.
- Contact info: Make sure all of your contact information is included in a prominent position. This information includes your phone number, company address, email address, fax number and any other types of communication channels you use that can help people get in touch with you.
A print shop in Sausalito can work with you to help you create the perfect letterhead for your small business. For more information, contact our team today at Joanne’s Print Shop. We look forward to working with you and helping your business stand out.