As a copy shop in Sausalito doing business in 2016, we here at Joanne’s Print Shop sometimes get questions from curious friends and customers about how we stay so strong despite the sharp rise of digital media. While there is no question that digital media plays a huge and important role in advertising and marketing, we like to remind our customers that print media is not only still relevant—in some ways, it is more powerful and meaningful than ever. Here are five reasons why your business should be using print media, in tandem with digital media, for a fully immersive marketing experience:
- Beautiful designs: Since the advertising industry began, the medium has always been a blend of art and commerce. If you create (or hire someone to create) a beautiful logo or advertisement that stretches the limits of what marketing can do, then that artwork deserves to be printed onto a physical page. If people like it enough, they just might even keep it and hang it on their wall.
- Commemorate an experience: Whether it is an invitation to a launch party or a poster for a food festival, some marketing materials can also serve as meaningful souvenirs for both the business and its customers. Rather than letting your souvenir get lost in the digital wormhole, make sure it sticks around on customers’ refrigerators and your company’s walls for years to come.
- Demand attention: How many times a day do you find yourself reflexively clicking the little red “X” in the corner of an Internet advertisement? Because of its ephemeral nature, digital media is sometimes all too easy for consumers to ignore. But when you print something on a physical page, it demands a certain amount of respect and attention in a way the small screen cannot. Sure, folks can still throw away your promotional material. But they’re more likely to at least glance at it before they do.
- Be taken seriously: Even though people love digital media, both studies and anecdotal evidence show that people are still more likely to take a printed page more seriously. If you have a new business and are trying to make a name for yourself, putting out printed promotional materials will show that you take yourself seriously, and that consumers should as well.
- Tell stories: Placing a poster for a ride share service in a bar, a flyer for a wine tasting event at a bottle shop or a sign for hearing aid center at an assisted living facility are natural ways to target your core audience, and create symbiotic business relationships as a result. If you want to communicate with your consumers where they go and tell them a seamless, easy-to-understand story, you will want to engage in printed media.
Whatever reason you have for using print promotional materials, we here at Joanne’s Print Shop are proud to offer innovative design services and unmatched printing options. If you are looking for a quality copy shop in Sausalito, we hope you will give us a call today.